Philip Yachmetz has over 30 years of legal experience, with a broad-based background anchored in complex transactions, corporate governance and business development. Philip focuses his practice on representing public and private companies of all sizes in the life sciences and healthcare industries and regularly handles a wide range of matters, including commercial agreements and transactions; M&A and licensing transactions; public offerings and private placement of equity and debt transactions; debt restructuring transactions; management of complex multi-party litigation, management of diverse intellectual property portfolios; employment and labor matters and other day-to-day legal issues related to operations. Philip also assists clients with strategic business planning and development, investor and public relations and risk management matters.
In his leisure time, Philip pursues an active lifestyle blending his interests of travel (particularly to live jazz festivals and events), tasting and collecting fine wine, cooking, fine dining, boating, as well as working out in his home gym.
- Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Teligent, Inc.
- Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Sovereign Medical Services, Inc.
- Chief Legal Officer and Chief Business Officer, Savient Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Independent Director, Triax Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and related companies
- J.D., California Western School of Law
- B.A., The George Washington University
Sectors and Services
American Bar Association