Effective Date: August 20, 2023
Outside GC LLC, Outside GC CA LLP and Patent GC LLP (“OGC” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the www.outsidegc.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Our policies for how we use your information when you engage us to provide legal services will be set forth separately in the terms of legal engagement that we will provide separately to you.
If you are a resident of California, please click here for additional privacy notices.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, United Kingdom or Switzerland, please click here for additional privacy notices.
We collect several types of information from you when you choose to provide it to us, including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the OGC, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- Present our Website and its contents to you;
- Respond to your inquiries and contact and communicate with you;
- Develop new programs, products or services;
- Provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, via email or text message, or on other Site or apps;
- Contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from Outside GC or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- Improve the content and functionality of our Web site and marketing efforts;
- Conduct research and analysis;
- Comply with applicable laws, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- Enforce this Privacy Statement;
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others;
- Develop new programs, products or services;
- Protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business; and
- As described to you at the point of data collection.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of OGC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by OGC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OGC, our customers, or others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. To learn more about California residents’ privacy rights, [visit this page].
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send a request by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 501 Boylston Street, 10th Floor, Boston, MA 02116.
US States, including Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah, each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please contact us at email@example.com
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age.