Mark is a seasoned life sciences and healthcare attorney. For over 30 years, Mark has represented academic healthcare institutions and global pharmaceutical research manufacturers, assisting his clients in finding practical, timely, and effective solutions to a myriad of legal matters, including in- and out-licensing of compounds, products and enabling technologies; physician practice contracts; international and telehealth agreements; acquisition of innovative healthcare technologies; and strategic alliances. Mark also drafts and negotiates a wide range of complex commercial agreements relating to developing, licensing, and distributing information services and other technologies (including SaaS and AI); creating client websites; marketing and advertising services; and professional and consulting service arrangements, and advises on privacy, healthcare laws, and other compliance matters.
Mark and his wife live in the historic district of Doylestown, Pennsylvania, where, in his leisure time, Mark is an avid music fan and musician. Mark also enjoys bike riding, hiking, keeping fit, and traveling.
- Associate General Counsel, the University of Pennsylvania
- Co-chair of the New Technology Review Committee at the University of Pennsylvania Health System
- Assistant Counsel (Corporate Development, Licensing, MRL/R&D, Joint Ventures), Merck & Co., Inc.
- Corporate Counsel (Corporate Development), sanofi-aventis
- Corporate Counsel (Commercial and Regulatory), Aventis and Rhone-Poulenc Rorer Inc.
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., Dean’s Fellow
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., high honors
Sectors and Services
District of Columbia
Professional Memberships & Associations
Association of Corporate Counsel
Licensing Executive Society
Penn State Alumni Association
Honors & Awards
Who’s Who in the World, 2009-2012
Who’s Who in American Law, 2010-2016