Alexander Franco has over 20 years of experience developing and managing patent portfolios in the high-tech industry. As a patent attorney with an MBA, he brings a business and finance-oriented perspective to the protection of his clients’ intellectual property. Alex’s practice includes patent preparation and prosecution, domestic and foreign patent portfolio management, and patent strategy for startup to mid-sized organizations. When Alex is not practicing patent law or working under the hood of his classic 1961 MGA roadster, you might find him skiing, wakeboarding, swimming or biking. Alex lives in Northern Virginia with his wife, two children, and a Yorkshire terrier.
- In-House IP Counsel, Accenture
- In-House Patent Counsel, AOL
- Patent Attorney, Knobbe Martens
- George Washington University, J.D. & M.B.A.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Master of Computer Science
- Cornell University, B.S. in Applied & Engineering Physics, with distinction
Sectors and Services
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office