Charitable organizations often face unique legal issues related to their nonprofit status or structure that require the support of experienced external counsel. Whether a large, established charity with an in-house legal staff, or a smaller one with few (or one) in-house lawyers, or none whatsoever, the need to retain legal support from time to time is typically impacted by the equally important need to minimize legal costs.
Outside GC offers an efficient and low-cost alternative for charitable organizations requiring experienced legal support. Unlike a typical law firm, we are a team of senior business lawyers providing seasoned and responsive legal services at a fraction of the cost of a traditional law firm. Our attorneys have significant experience assisting charitable organizations with a broad range of legal needs, relating to:
MISSION & NONPROFIT STATUS
• Advise on establishment, structural and governance issues
• Draft, review and negotiate routine organization partner, services, business and other agreements
• Manage employee and labor legal issues
FILINGS & COMPLIANCE
• Applications for federal and state tax-exempt status
• Develop organizational compliance programs
BOARD OVERSIGHT & MANAGEMENT
• Attend board meetings, status meetings and internal management meetings
• Strategic management of all IP interests (trademark, copyright and patent)
OTHER LEGAL SUPPORT
• Consult and work on other day-to-day legal matters (except highly specialized work such as litigation, government inquiries/responses, employee benefits compliance issues (pension/401(k)/ACA)
Learn more about our affordable legal services and experience working with non-profit organizations. Contact us today.