Ted brings 28 years of legal and business experience to his clients. Ted works with companies of all sizes and in all industries, with a particular focus on commercial contracts in the areas of digital media, software and technology, e-commerce, and professional and consulting services. He regularly handles the drafting and negotiation of a wide range of complex commercial agreements relating to the development, licensing, and distribution of technology services, including representing numerous SaaS-based service providers; digital media companies; content creators and licensors; online services companies; advertising technology firms; e-commerce companies; and professional and consulting services providers.
When not practicing law, Ted is often spending time with his son searching for great dim sum, attending classic car shows, or with his wife looking for the perfect lobster roll in Maine during the summer. Ted is an avid sports fan – playing and watching — and also an enthusiastic poker player. Ted lives in Washington, D.C.
- General Counsel & Head of Business Development, Envision EMI
- Associate General Counsel, Washington Post Digital
- General Counsel, ePals (now Cricket Media)
- Associate General Counsel Amazon.com (served as head licensing and technology lawyer in-house. Main lawyer for and supported AWS; Digital (publishing; music and video); Search; and Platform Licensing)
- Assistant General Counsel, AOL (head of mobile and messaging deals within Legal)
- Associate, Baker & Hostetler
- J.D., Columbia Law School, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
B.A., Columbia College, cum laude (top 10% of graduating class)
Sectors and Services
District of Columbia
Maryland, Virginia, Washington (inactive)