Peter Knudsen brings a combination of business acumen and patent strategy to his biotechnology and academic clients. Peter’s practice focuses on the development and management of patent portfolios for therapies based on both traditional drugs and biologics. He also conducts clearance and due diligence analysis for advisory opinions and IP strategy, and advises clients on IP ownership issues, including those involving contractual relations with business partners, research collaborators, CROs, and government contracts. For his academic clients, Peter typically handles patent procurement projects, including cell-based immunotherapies; diagnostic systems based on miRNA and gene sequencing; drugs and methods for modulating energy metabolism; and viral vectors for novel gene therapies.
- Partner, Baker Hostetler (and its predecessor firm, Woodcock Washburn LLP)
- Vice President, Intellectual Property, Nanotech Pharmaceutical
- Vice President, Intellectual Property, MDRNA
- St. John’s University, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, Ph.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.S.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. Supreme Court