Len McGill is an experienced business lawyer and adviser with over thirty years of experience providing practical, risk-based legal and strategic advice to public and private companies in a variety of industries. He is also an angel investor and serves as a Board member for non-profit organizations, and is active in counseling emerging growth companies as well as Boards and senior management at larger companies, funds and family offices. Len handles a broad range of legal matters for his clients, including mergers and acquisitions; commercial transactions; corporate governance; regulatory compliance; litigation management; and capital raising and financing.
A native of Scotland, he lived and practiced in Southern California for over twenty years, and now lives on a horse property in Virginia outside Washington, DC. He has two grown daughters, and when he has free time, Len enjoys horseback riding, running and hiking.
- General Counsel and SVP, Corporate Development, Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc.
- SVP, Secretary and General Counsel, Ameron International Corp.
- SVP, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Steel Partners Holdings LP
- Of Counsel, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- Georgetown Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Drucker School of Management at Claremont Graduate University, Master’s in Management
- University of Edinburgh, LL.B., with honors
Sectors and Services
District of Columbia
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
American Bar Association (Business Law Section)
Board Member, Fauquier Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
Executive Committee Member, Rappahannock Benevolent Fund, Inc.
Member, New Dominion Angels, LLC