Fritz Backus is a seasoned life sciences attorney with over 25 years of legal and business experience in the industry. Fritz represents both public and private biotech and pharmaceutical clients, as well as medical device companies, handling a range of commercial transactions, including licensing agreements, CRO and CMO agreements, clinical trial agreements, MTAs, CDAs, collaborative research consortia agreements, research and development agreements, consulting agreements, sales and evaluation agreements, HIPAA BAAs, business operating agreements (real estate, software licensing, temporary personnel, etc.), vendor contracts and general corporate matters.
When not working, Fritz collects modern first edition books and enjoys gardening and cooking.
- VP Legal Counsel, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostic
- General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Diagnostics Products Corporation
- Associate, Seyfarth Shaw (Boston); Goodwin Proctor, LLP )Boston); Baker Botts LLP (Houston)
- J.D., Harvard Law School, Teagle Foundation Scholar
- B.A., University of Chicago
Sectors and Services