Don is a senior corporate and commercial lawyer specializing in technology companies. Don has deep experience in start-ups, Internet/e-commerce, wireless, satellite, semiconductor, software/SaaS, mobile device, market research, and media. Don handles M&A, debt and equity financings, technology transactions and licensing, contracts, privacy and export controls/FCPA/OFAC/CFIUS, corporate governance, international and cross-border transactions, and negotiations.
Don was a partner with McCutchen Doyle (now Morgan Lewis) and Co-Chair of its Silicon Valley Technology Transactions Group. Before that he was with Weil Gotshal in its Silicon Valley, Washington, DC, and Budapest offices. Don also ran Corporate Development for Panasonic Avionics, managed IBM Microelectronics’ Broadband Business Unit, worked for Panasonic at its headquarters in Osaka, Japan and was with multiple tech start-ups in legal, corporate development, finance, and business roles.
- Consultant, Meta
- Chief Development Officer, Black Swan Data, London, England
- Head of Corporate Development, Panasonic Avionics, Lake Forest, CA
- Vice President, Business, CommQuest, an IBM Company, Encinitas, CA
- Co-Chair, Technology Transactions Group, McCutchen Doyle (now Morgan Lewis), Palo Alto and San Francisco, CA
- Co-Chair, Silicon Valley Technology Transactions Group, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, LLP, Menlo Park, CA
- George Washington University School of Law, J.D., with honors
- Managing Editor, George Washington University Law Review
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, M.A.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A, with honors and distinction
Sectors and Services
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims