Deb is a seasoned attorney with twenty-five years of experience in the public, corporate, and nonprofit sectors. Leveraging her knowledge of consumer product, data privacy, and food and drug law, she is adept at balancing legal, policy, and operational considerations when counseling and drafting contracts for her clients. She routinely negotiates technology agreements, responds to government inquiries, and counsels clients on how to structure their operations and marketing programs to comply with federal and state law and regulations, including those administered by the FTC, FDA, CFPB, and CPSC.
Deb has testified before Congress and has educated and cultivated relationships with Fortune 100 C-Suite leaders and senior government executives to ensure compliance with governing laws and to shape policy relating to new technologies. She is active in local and national politics and has held elected office. She volunteers to help recent immigrants to the U.S., hosts international exchange students, and loves to travel. Though a long-time resident of Washington D.C., she can often be found at her family’s home on the Delaware shore.
- General Counsel, Office of the Chief Technology Officer, District of Columbia Government
- Vice President for Privacy, CTIA, the mobile wireless association
- Appointee, Federal Data Privacy and Integrity Advisory Committee, Department of Homeland Security
- Senior Legal Advisor to the Chairman, Federal Trade Commission
- Regulatory & Litigating Staff Attorney, Federal Trade Commission
- Associate, Covington & Burling
- J.D., George Washington University Law School, with highest honors
- B.S., University of Pennsylvania, with honors
Sectors and Services
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
Honors & Awards
Janet D. Steiger Award, Federal Trade Commission